Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Descendant by Kelley Grealis a review

I received this book to give an honest review. (Thank you Kelley Grealis!)

The Descendant (The Descendant Vampire, #1)The Descendant by Kelley Grealis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I am a huge paranormal fan, so when I saw this book, I just had to read it.
I have read lots of vampire stories and I have to say this book is very refreshing. The biblical elements work really well and give you a whole new look on vampires. I also liked the fact that Vampires are not romanticized. She even describes that they only look good to lure in prey. There are so many vampire books out there that describe vampires as heroes. I like the fact that she had a different idea about this.

There are some parts that feel a bit like loose ends to me. Like the house she lived in. When she got in the accident and Jenna took her home, Jenna told her that she had moved in the last three years. Later we learned that Vincent placed these memories in both their heads. So where is the first house? The house the story started with? I think some of the storyline got a bit too complicated for these details. The other little thing that had me wondering was the fact that she calls the other vampires her siblings. But that would make Vincent her sibling too? This seems a little strange since she has a very different relationship with him.

Nevertheless because of her refreshing ideas and because Kelley Grealis is a very good writer I do hope we will be able to read a lot more from her.

View all my reviews


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you enjoyed The Descendant and the fresh perspective I took on the genre. The loose ends you mention are addressed in The Search (book 2 in the series). You'll never guess who's occupying the house in Buzzard Hill!!!!
    ~ Kelley

    ReplyDelete